Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May Update - What's coming.

It's been a while!

My computer crashed at the beginning of April but I was able to get it fixed! My roommate was generous enough to give me the parts to his old laptop and I found someone that was able to combine my broken one with his and create a sort of frankenstein laptop. Score.

During my time without a computer I kept shooting and was able to keep up on my priority photos using my other roommates laptop. I'm really grateful for all the people that helped me out - it could have been a disaster. Because I was focusing on other stuff I had a collection of personal photos built up. This will be a preview of the posts I'll be doing in the next week...

First, some random photos from my trip back home to Brockville...

Cabin

Trees

I also found a skull in the woods. I cleaned it up and scanned it. Turned out pretty awesome.

Skull Scan

Okay... the following are a few preview photos of some of the posts I'll be making in the next week.

I've shot a few skateboarding shots before but never with flash. I've been wanting to try this out for a while and am pretty excited about the results. I was definitely experimenting and have a few things to learn but they're a good start. Here's a moment behind the scenes - the actual skate shots will be posted in the next few days.

Phil Chill

I also shot another entry to my People Watching series. Preview of that:

People Watching - Freedom Festival

I should also have those images finished and posted within the next few days.

So, now that I finally have a computer again I'll hopefully be back to posting a few times a month. I have a lot of shoots I hope to do this summer and am pretty excited to see the results. Some big things coming up! Yes!

If you're interested in following my other work I shoot and write for a Toronto Blog called BlogTO. I do a weekly series called In The Window that is released every Thursday and I shoot concerts a few times a month. If you're interested you can follow me on twitter and I'll tweet about them as they release. I'll do a concert photo update in the next few weeks with a few examples of what bands I've been shooting.

Check back in the next few days and I'll have the skate shots and the People Watching photos posted.

Thanks!
- Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment