Friday, August 6, 2010

Selling my own book!

As many of you may or may not know a long term goal of mine is to become a travel photographer and document the world around us. I've always been extremely captivated of the world around me and believe that the best "profession" for me is using my love of photography with my curiosity to produce images that open peoples eyes.

My intention is to capture everything about the world from war torn countries as a conflict photographer to the beauty of the earth itself as a landscape photographer. To me it's important to capture both extremes as both one can create a blind eye to the other.

So, saying that, I'm taking a trip to the east coast of Canada strictly to document and photograph the area/people/lobster... or whatever else captures my eye. For me this trip is the start to my career as a travel photographer and it will also provide me with something to show potential clients that I can do it well. I know a lot of you are thinking that the east coast may be boring or unexciting compared to the other wonders of the world but that is part of the challenge for me. It challenges me to come back with a pile of images that make you go "hey, Newfoundland actually looks pretty cool!"

During my trip there is no pre-planned places to go or places to sleep. I am going to go and seek out any area that draws my attention and than pitch a tent... I'm obsessed with the ocean so it'll probably be on the oceans shore most of the time.

Wondering where I'm going with this?

Well, with traveling comes expenses and being an artist is no glamorous lifestyle... so... I've made a book!!

The book is a hardcover, 8x10, 22 page book with full page photos from the last few years. The photos range many different areas from still life to protest photos. Here's a few images of what it looks like...

My book!

My book!

My book!

Okay, so I'm selling the book itself for 40.00$ OR you can get the book and a 10x15 print for 60.00$. Want to see an example of one of the prints???

My Print!!

Also...I can, and will, be switching the books up regularly so few, if any, of the books will be the same as each other. Annddd... if you ever saw a photo I've taken that you've really enjoyed I can even make an effort to include it in the book for you!

In terms of the prints it's up to you to decide what you want. There will be restrictions but if you have one in mind we can definitely discuss it. You can choose any photo from my blog or website.... or any photo you've seen of mine, really.

Also, if you find that those prices are a little too high for you we can probably discuss something. I want as many people as possible to get ahold of these but I can't lose money, ya know?

If interested shoot me an e-mail at contact@dylanleeder.com or call me at 416.668.8426.

Thank you so much for the support!! It means the world to me.
- Dylan

1 comment:

  1. Hey! When are you going? Scott & I will be heading out that way in September, maybe we'll bump into each other :) Good Luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete