Thursday, August 5, 2010

Big Music Update

Hello!

First off I want to thank everyone for the huge amount of feedback I got from my last G20 post! I never expected the amount of feedback I got and am so grateful to all the people that took the time to read it. Receiving this amount of support has further inspired me to pursue that area of photography. The amount of emotion that was sparked by the images was amazing - one of the best feelings was realizing that my photos caused discussion... that they had made people ask questions and raise general interest towards the topic. I truly felt how much impact a photo really can make.

If you're interested in pursuing the G20 further a local newspaper "Now" has a page with up to date articles.

http://www.nowtoronto.com/guides/g20/2010/

Also, if want to see some pretty disturbing videos of the events that went down just youtube it. There's definitely a lot of them.

Annnywwaayyyss....

A while back I started shooting for an online magazine called Bring Back The Boom Box. They're an awesome group of people and have given me the privileges to shoot some pretty awesome shows!

I most recently shot Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros and it was incredible. Being one one of my favorite bands I was beyond excited to shoot them and they definitely did not let me down. Their stage presence was extremely tight and friendly to the point where it felt as if they were all family. Oh, and to my surprise they played two sets! The first being all new songs, some performed solo by the pianist, and the second set was all songs from Up from Below.

Edward Sharpe

Edward Sharpe

Edward Sharpe

MORE OF EDWARD SHARPE AT http://bringbacktheboombox.com/main/photos/photos-edward-sharpe-the-magnetic-zeros/

The day before Edward Sharpe I shot The Stills and Molly Rankin. The Stills played well but I found myself pretty worn out from that day so I left halfway through their 17 song set.

The Stills

I never heard Molly Rankin before but was impressed. She kind of reminds me of Tegan and Sara. Here's a link to her website: http://www.myspace.com/mollyrankin

Molly Rankin

MORE OF THE STILLS AND MOLLY RANKING AT http://bringbacktheboombox.com/main/photos/photos-the-still-feat-molly-rankin/

I also recently shot The Dead Weather at the Sound Academy. Incase you haven't heard of them before The Dead Weather consists Alison Mosshart (of The Kills), Jack White (of The White Stripes), Dean Fertita (of Queens of the Stone Age) and Jack Lawrence (of The Raconteurs). All pretty big names and I found they performed really well together!

The Dead Weather

The Dead Weather

The Dead Weather

The Dead Weather

Opening for The Dead Weather was Lullabye Arkestra.

Lullabye Arkestra

Lullabye Arkestra

MORE OF THE DEAD WEATHER AND LULLABYE ARKESTRA AT http://bringbacktheboombox.com/main/photos/photos-the-dead-weather-feat-lullabye-arkestra/

Back for NXNE I shot a few bands including one of my all time favorites Amos The Transparent.

Amos The Transparent

Said The Whale at Dundas Square

Said The Whale

I also caught a new band The Zolas before seeing Dylan Murray. They were awesome.

The Zolas

More of these NXNE bands AND some photos of Dylan Murray can all be seen here:

http://bringbacktheboombox.com/main/features/photos-nxne-photo-set-2-amos-the-transparent-said-the-whale-the-zolas-more/


The first show I shot for BBTBB was Misery Signals at the Mod Club!

Check it!

Misery Signals

Misery Signals

Misery Signals

Structures

Structures

Structures

Beheading Of A King

Beheading Of A King

MORE OF MISERY SIGNALS AT http://bringbacktheboombox.com/main/photos/photos-misery-signals-mod-club-w-structures-behading-of-a-king/

No comments:

Post a Comment