Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Nuit Blanche '10

Nuit Blanche describes itself as a free all-night contemporary art event where people take to the streets to witness and be memorized by hundreds of different contemporary artists (List of artist can be seen here)

The event starts at sundown and ends at sunrise so it makes for quite the night. There was no way I was going to miss it.

More about the event at http://www.scotiabanknuitblanche.ca/home.shtml

Considering I live about a block away from Dundas Square it was definitely not difficult to find the action.

First thing I experienced was a dub step parade. Yes, a parade with one of my favorite genres of music SUPER loud. Score.

Dubstep Party Parade:
Nuit Blanche '10

Dundas Square:
Nuit Blanche '10

Neil Young projections at City Hall:
Nuit Blanche '10

Nuit Blanche '10

Of coarse there was live music and dance parties. And of coarse I photographed it:

Nuit Blanche '10

Nuit Blanche '10

Nuit Blanche '10

Nuit Blanche '10

There was a HUGE variety of art pieces and here's just a small example of them...

"1...2...3... JUMP!"

Nuit Blanche '10


Nuit Blanche '10

Nuit Blanche '10

Nuit Blanche '10

I asked a random girl to pose with a toy lawnmower I found:

Nuit Blanche '10

I also did an addition to my Strange(r) People project...

Strange(r) People - Oct 2nd

You can see his interview and a few others over at it's site www.strangerpeople.com

What a night. Every street seemed to just be one big party. Can't wait until next year.

THANKS!
- Dylan

No comments:

Post a Comment