Friday, March 19, 2010

Amos/Hollerado/Green,Go/Magneta Lane

Ah! It's been a while since I posted last! I've been busy with working and well... Toronto in general. hah.

It seems every day I'm finding something new about this city. This summer is going to be awesome. No doubt. I'm really excited to further explore the city. I feel like every day i'm scouting for possible photo shoot locations. Now just to do them!

I've been doing a lot of editorial style photos lately and I'm definitely okay with that. I'm loving having the high ISO's that the 5d can handle. Although I'm enjoying the editorial stuff I'm definitely missing my portraits, but, I can definitely see some kind of portrait shoot coming up!

Okay, so most recently I went to a show down at the Horse Shoe in Toronto. My first time being at the venue and I definitely liked it! Although the environment was good I definitely struggled with the lighting at points.

The main reason I actually went to the show was to see one of my favorite bands, Amos The Transparent. If you haven't heard of them I strongly recommend you check them out! Their music is addictive and they've never let me down live... Oh! And their from Ottawa!!

Check 'em out here... www.myspace.com/amosthetransparent

Amos The Transparent

Amos The Transparent

Amos The Transparent

Amos The Transparent

There's more of Amos over at....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dylanleeder/sets/72157623648738716/

One of other bands, Hollerado, played and I was surprised to hear they were from Manotick! A little town just outside of Ottawa. They were a lot of fun to watch. Good genuine feel good rock.

Check them out at... http://www.myspace.com/hollerado

Hollerado

Hollerado

Hollerado

Green, Go also played that night. First time hearing Green, Go and I enjoyed them! Although they were good- I would have preferred to see them at a more suiting venue/crowd. Basically just a lot more dancing. Yeah, they make you want to dance.

http://www.myspace.com/greengomusic

Green, Go

Green, Go

Green, Go

Green, Go

And the first band of the night was a three piece band from Ottawa. I don't remember them too much - which was probably because I was playing with my camera settings while trying to find out how to best get the light.

An all female three piece by the name of Magneta Lane.

http://www.myspace.com/kissingiseasy


Magneta Lane

Magneta Lane

Magneta Lane

So Yeah! Again, you can see more of all four bands at my flickr set here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dylanleeder/sets/72157623648738716/

Also! Look back in the next few days for images from another show and a Bike competition I went to recently!

THANKS!!!
- Dylan

Oh, and like always... all images © Dylan Leeder. Images may only be used with permission. E-mail contact@dylanleeder.com

No comments:

Post a Comment